NewTek Knowledge Base: DataLink™ Connection Troubleshooting
July 22, 2019 by Leonard Herbeck; Ivan Perez, Production Assistant
The NewTek Knowledge Base looks at how to set up a Datalink™ connection with TriCaster, LiveText™, and a scoreboard controller, to automate an onscreen scoreboard graphic for sports production.
Items used in this tutorial:
- LiveText running on a separate PC
- Keyspan Serial to USB adapter
- Daktronics All Sport Character Generator
- Tera Term software to test serial connection
- Standard Ethernet local area network connection between PC and TriCaster
This connection will be set up with the Daktronics CG sending date to LiveText via the serial-to-USB connection. LiveText will send the updated scoreboard graphic with text to the TriCaster via NDI®, over a standard network connection.