O weather.com acompanha os passos do eclipse com o NewTek NDI®
On August 21, millions of viewers are expected to watch the rare total solar eclipse. To experience the solar eclipse in real time as it moves coast to coast, The Weather Channel, weather.com and Twitter have teamed up to live stream the epic event. Kicking off at noon ET, “Chasing Eclipse 2017” will immerse viewers in totalities from 10 locations along the eclipse path - from the ground and from space - and join in on the fun celebrations taking place across the country.
The unique production challenges of bringing this unprecedented live online event are being met largely through the power of NewTek’s NDI® standard for video production over IP.
“We will have live correspondents in several locations across the eclipse path as well as feeds from NASA and telescope companies. Their video signals will be converted to NDI at our home base in Atlanta where they can all be shared bi-directionally everywhere on our network,” said Jim Robinson, supervising producer, manager of Digital Studios for The Weather Company, an IBM Business. “NDI’s capability and flexibility helped us creatively conceptualize and execute on an event like this. Without it, it would be very complicated and exorbitantly expensive. With NDI, we get production value that surpasses our high level of standards.”
More about NDI and the eclipse can be read here at Studio Daily.
“Chasing Eclipse 2017” Live Stream
Hosted in-studio by meteorologists Ari Sarsalari and Domenica Davis, “Chasing Eclipse 2017” will feature:
- High-resolution and aerial drone footage from Weather’s network of storm trackers as the eclipse moves along the path of totality
- User-generated content from Twitter
- Live updates from eclipse viewing parties with weather.com field reporters
- Special hyperlocal eclipse footage from TEGNA partner stations in Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Knoxville, TN; and Columbia, SC
- Red Bull Cliff Diving event featuring athletes diving under the shadows of the eclipse. Surface mirrors will reflect stunning images of the divers and the eclipse.
- Real-time eclipse footage from NASA
- “Fact Off” game show featuring the hosts from “Part-Time Genius” podcast
- Interactive social segments
- Live coverage of an #Eclipse2017 joint wedding “Chasing Eclipse 2017” will be available via The Weather Channel app, weather.com, and Twitter. The live stream will be available for free to logged-in and logged-out users on Twitter as well as connected devices globally. Viewers will be able to access the live stream at http://eclipse2017.twitter.com or via @weatherchannel. To join the conversation and submit content for “Chasing Eclipse 2017,” tweet with #Eclipse2017.
Keys to the production include the following NewTek products:
Full NewTek IP Series system to drive the shows
- 1 VMC1 Engine
- 1 VMC1 Engine Backup
- 1 NC1 IN
- 2 NC1 I/O
- 1 NewTek and Wowza MediaDS
- 1 NewTek 3Play 440
- 1 NewTek TalkShow VS4000
- 1 NewTek TriCaster Mini HD-4sdi For more information, visit http://features.weather.com/eclipse. The Weather Channel (weather.com) is part of The Weather Company, an IBM Business, (NYSE: IBM).
Learn more about:
Contate um Especialista
produtos da NewTek
A NewTek possui uma rede de revendedores localizados pelo mundo. Todos eles são especialistas em nosso produto e na indústria de produção de vídeo e streaming.
Use esta ferramenta para encontrar um revendedor da NewTek perto de você.
Contate um Especialista
Obtenha conselhos de especialistas sobre fluxos de trabalho de produção ao vivo em torno de sistemas NewTek e NDI ou permita-nos conectá-lo a um de nossos parceiros locais. Nossos especialistas em soluções estão aqui para ajudá-lo.